As a teacher, you will play an important role in shaping the lives of young people. You will inspire, motivate and encourage a new generation of students, and guide them to have a positive impact on the world around them. A teacher helps her students be passionate about learning and understand the impact and importance of lifelong learning. In addition, the Salary of teachers and benefits of experienced teachers are high. Lets know how to become a teacher.
Job Opportunities for a Teacher
- Public school
- Private school
- Arts and College of Music
- Municipality School
Explore Teaching Degree Options
When you know what your career goals are and where you want to work, you can make informed decisions about your educational options. You need to determine what specialization you want to focus on. Making the wrong decision won’t stop you from becoming a teacher, but it can increase the time or money to teach your favorite group of students. How to Become a Teacher, for this you need study with full concentration to become a good teacher.
How to Become a Teacher?
Teaching is one of the most valuable careers you can choose from, but not everyone can find a job and apply. Before entering the classroom, you must meet the minimum qualification and certification requirements.
This comprehensive guide provides a step-by-step breakdown of what you need to become a teacher, including whether it is right for your career and how to choose the best educational path. Let’s check how to become a teacher:
1. Determine the level you want to teach
- Kindergarten stage, which includes LKG (lower kindergarten) and UKG (upper kindergarten).
- Elementary school includes 1st to 8th-grade (6- 14 years old).
- Middle school teaches 9th and 10th-grade students (14- 16 years old), and
- High school teaches 11th and 12th-grade students (16-18 years old).
You must choose the age group that you think is the most attractive. However, please keep in mind that the older you are, the stricter the degree, because you will teach more advanced and professional courses.
2. Get a Suitable degree to become a Teacher
Educational certificates are divided into three levels: diploma, bachelor’s, and master’s in education.
If you want to teach in primary school, you need at least a diploma (D.Ted.).
If you want to teach in high school, you need at least a bachelor’s degree (B.Ed.).
A master’s degree (M.Ed.) generally only requires professional courses.
D. Ted. And B.Ed. The plan usually lasts for two years. The course of M.Ed. it is generally one year. Remember, each degree program has different grades. To enter D. Ted., You must meet the level 12 standard (high school diploma) and have minimum qualifications. You must have a Bachelor of Science or Diploma of Arts (BA or B.S.) to apply for the B.Ed. class. It is a prerequisite for earning the M.Ed.
The recruitment of primary and secondary school teachers in India is linked to the state and national qualification examinations. You have to clear the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) to teach in public schools and some private institutions. The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) provides an exam preparation plan and determines the minimum qualification requirements for each year.
If you only have a master’s degree, you must take an exam to teach at an Indian university. You can take the University Grants Council (NET) national qualifying test or one of the equivalent tests approved by UGC, such as the state SLET/ SET requirements for the appropriate area where the student is located.
Top Colleges to pursue becoming a Teacher
- Amity University, Noida
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Skills For becoming a Teacher
Teachers of all levels need to know that their classrooms will represent different cultural backgrounds, learning styles, and intelligence. Teachers are supposed to handle all of them calmly.
2. Creative Teaching
Teachers of lower grade students can learn to include performances (such as singing, painting, or imitating) in the classroom to promote learning. High school or college teachers teaching seniors can use media such as movies, music, and the Internet to explain ideas and concepts in detail.
Ability Like leadership, teamwork enables teachers to interact with other school staff pleasantly and effectively. Teachers hold regular meetings to design courses and classroom best practices for students.
4. Resolving Conflict
Children may have conflicts when sharing resources such as books, games, or toys. Teachers with good conflict resolution skills will listen patiently and actively to consider each issue
5. Communication Skills
Ideally, teachers should be good at communicating physically, verbally, and in writing. Strong oral communication means that teachers clarify course materials and their expectations while presenting concepts in a way that students can understand. When teachers are in class, they smile frequently and make eye contact with students, they will look confident and friendly, which can increase student engagement in class.
6. Time Management
Learning time management skills is a job that goes beyond the classroom. Teachers need to plan lessons, correct homework in the evenings and on weekends, and sometimes need to purchase classroom supplies. To maintain a healthy work-life balance, you need to develop good time management skills. Some strategies may include setting aside specific times of the day for relaxation, exercise, or other personal activities.
Roles and Responsibilities for Becoming a Teacher
- Knowledge of the subject should be in-depth
- Pursue relevant professional development opportunities and updates on current knowledge and research in the field.
- Appropriately plan and prepare assigned courses and lectures Conduct the specified classes at the scheduled time
- To complete the assigned study program fully and on time
- Enable students to engage in creative, hands-on, problem-based learning
- Provide students the opportunity to obtain and use current technology, resources, and information to solve problems
- Provide students the opportunity to apply and practice their knowledge
- Enable students to engage in creative thinking and Comprehensive or interdisciplinary learning experience
- Develop students ability to cooperate with others
- Personalize guidance/support for students’ developmental differences, learning style, strengths, and needs
- Arrive on time and be present at school during official working hours.
- Comply with university policies, standards, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain course documents.
- Take preventive measures to protect university records, equipment, documents, and facilities.
- Responsibly participate in university improvement plans. Appointed faculty meetings and other meetings and activities
- Demonstrate punctuality and diligence in assigned responsibilities
- Cooperate with other professionals and employees
- Cooperate with other members of the university community to support student learning and university-related activities
- Provide and accept review responses in a professional manner
- Create and maintain a positive and safe learning environment
- Perform other related tasks assigned by the department head
- Your Behavior should Be good, honest, fair, and ethical
- promote the correct use of language
- to enhance students’ self-control, self-discipline, and sense of responsibility towards others
Salary of Teachers
The average salary of high school teachers is Rs 3,14,300 per year (17,020 yen per month), which is 73,200. The average starting salary for a high school teacher is 2,12,7000. The maximum salary can exceed 7,000,000.
The average total salary of elementary school teachers with less than three years of experience is Rs 2,12,700. The average total salary of college teachers with 4-9 years of experience is Rs
2.43,800, and the average total salary of high school teachers with 10- 20 years of experience is Rs 4.02,800. The average income of high school teachers with more than 20 years of experience is 5,06,200. To get good salary let check above how to become a teacher.
Top Teacher ever in India
- Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (His birthday celebrated as Teachers day)
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- Swami Dayanand Saraswati
- Rabindra Nath Tagore
- Savitribai Phule
- Swami Vivekananda
Above are the best teacher ever in India.
Benefits of Becoming a Teacher
- Salary of Teachers are very good. Which is need of everyone.
- The Benefits of Becoming a Teacher The teaching profession is very beneficial because your efforts have a significant impact on children.
- As a teacher, you have a lot of rest time and the working hours are not too long.
- Teaching is glorious work because they are the people who shape the hearts of children.
- Teaching is one of the most valuable jobs in society because it helps cultivate good citizens with a sense of moral responsibility.
- Working with children is one of the most important parts of teaching.
- Working with youth is an exciting opportunity because they are unpredictable. You’ll never know what they are up to.
- If you become a teacher, then two days will be different. Every day you work with many students on various projects and topics.
- Teaching is not an easy profession; standards, budgets, and class sizes are constantly changing. You need to be brave and tough in this field.
- Suggestions to influence the next generation, Teachers’ decisions for the classroom will affect the future.
- The results and atmosphere of your class will affect the next generation; what a great opportunity for teachers.
- Your timetable is arranged. Even if the teachers are overworked, they still have a good timetable.
- Teachers have weekends, major holidays, and summer vacations (although some jobs may be busy). If you have children, the teacher’s schedule will be great, because you have the same timetable.